This past weekend I went to a Fire Garden in the local park in my town, I thought I would share with you some of my favourite images from the event.
Last week it is was my birthday and as you have probably already guessed I turned 22 (I am not feeling 22). Over the week I filmed various bits and pieces as I thought it would be interesting to document the busy week. You can see the YouTube video at the end of this post. In conjunction, on this blog I am doing a list of 22 Things I Have Learned which is something I have seen other YouTubers (Rosianna Halse Rojas & Karlie Kloss) and bloggers do. I feel it is important to look back and see what you have learned but it is best not to linger in the past. The list you are about to read is a mixture of serious and funny things; take what you will from it.
- When one door closes, another will open. Maybe not straight away but it will you might just have to wait.
- The more cheese the better the cheesy chips.
- I can be extremely productive but I can also procrastinate till the cows come home.
- You might not find your closest friends until later on in life.
- Unplanned nights out are just as good as planned nights out, sometimes even better.
- P’s & Q’s are essentials in life, many people don’t have them.
- Sometimes it is hard to admit you are struggling but when you do there will be people to help.
- You will regret things, but don’t dwell on them, move on.
- Grief is not something that can be measured by time.
- Any fool can be cold.
- Some people never grow as a person but that is not your cross to bear.
- A lot of things make me happy. Don’t be afraid to tell people what those things are.
- It is not about view counts or subscribers, if you are enjoying the content you are making carry on.
- University does not guarantee a job but your time their will give you much needed life lessons.
- Everyone can be an asshole, even you.
- Being in your 20’s does not mean you have to have your life together.
- Having a bottle opener and a pen is always useful.
- Baking makes me happy, bake more.
- You might not realise how important you are to others.
- My loyalty is a great virtue but it is also a vice.
- I am very much a Gryffindor.
- Laughter is the best feeling in the world.
Despite having a productive month, this monthly favourites is admittedly on the short side. However, next month promises to be one full of excitement so stay tuned for that!
Film – Captain America: Civil War/Spotlight
Captain America: Civil War, what a film! If you have been following the Marvel Cinematic Universe for the past few years, Captain America was the build-up of the majority of the films (it was also the film to kick off MCU Phase 3). What can I say about Civil War? There are no winners. The film is not just about Iron Man and Captain America; it is about choosing a side, what is morally right vs what is legally right. As an audience, you finally see that despite all the saving The Avengers have done, they have caused a lot of damage. The film does tug on the heartstring and at various points I was on the verge of tears. In my opinion I think Russo brothers (the directors) are some of the best directors in the MCU and I am so pumped they will be directing Infinity War.
The other film that is my favourite this month is Spotlight, the film that won Best Picture at the Oscars this year. Spotlight is about a team of investigating journalists (of the same name) at Boston Globe who uncover a widespread of cases about child abuse amongst Roman Catholic priests. The filming is gripping in the sense you are with the team as they discover more horrors within the Church and you are shocked by the numbers. The biographically film is something I would suggest people watch, it opens your eyes to great journalism and how not everything is as pure as it seems.
Music – Avenged Sevenfold
As you may have seen from my previous blog post Avenged Sevenfold have been my jam this month. I won’t bore you with the details this time but I will say that I do love the band.
Book – A Court of Misty and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
I have finally got back into reading this month, I read two books (not a lot, but a lot better than one book every three months!). My favourite of the two was A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOMAF), it was the sequel to A Court of Thrones and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. The story follows Feyre after the Under The Mountain ordeal, she now has to deal with Rhysland the Lord of the Night Court whom she made a bargain with. I won’t spoil the book for those of you haven’t read it but it is such a good read! If you are into fantasy and young adult, new adult (a new genre) then these books may be for you! Also feel free to check out my goodreads, I try to update it when I can.